Notification of damage or shortage must be made within 2 working days of receipt of goods.
In the rare event of damage or shortage the following must be notified to Sissel.
1) Your name, address and contact phone number.
2) When and how, you can be contacted.
3) Consignment number on delivery package, along with the Courier’s name.
4) Order number.
5) What is the nature of the damage or shortage.
6) Please retain the damage item(s) for inspection.
7) Please retain all packaging including the shipping packaging for inspection.
8) In the case of damage occurring during shipping and the damage is obvious. DO NOT ACCEPT the package. Telephone our office on the number shown below and inform us as to why the package was refused.
9) In the case of shortage please retain ALL packaging including the shipping packaging. The initial contact can be made by telephone, fax or email.
Cooling off period - The purchaser has 7 working days from receipt of the goods to cancel the order. This cancellation must be in writing, by letter, fax or email. The purchaser has a further 7 working days to return the item(s) cancelled during the cooling off period.
Cancelled orders - The purchaser at their expense must return the cancelled order.
- must be unused
- in the original packaging
- complete with
- instruction leaflet
- exercise chart
Failure to comply with the above Cancelled Order/Returned Item(s) - will result in no refund being issued. Only item(s) complying with the above Cancelled Order/Returned Item(s) will recieve a refund equal to the cost of the item(s), the initial shipping charge is non-refundable.
The purchaser is responsible for the return of the item(s). Sissel UK is not responsible for any or part of any returned item(s) lost or damaged in transit from the purchaser. This applies to ALL item(s) returned to Sissel UK, what ever the reason for the return.